Welcome to our website! On this site you will get valuable information from services provided, programs offered, annual statistics, dates of monthly board meetings and much more. Our department takes great pride in public relations opportunities and we are here to serve you! Besides responding to emergencies, we offer many programs to assure the public is prepared for emergencies. We offer CPR, first aid, fire evacuation drills, fire extinguisher training and we have a residential smoke detector program to name a few. Using this site, contact us for additional information. We strive to provide great services through evaluating and planning.
In 2021, we accomplished the following:
• We finalized a 3-year contract with Professional Firefighters Local 4782.
• We sold land on Rowell Road that was purchased by the District in the late 80’s for a second station but it is no longer a good location.
• We purchased land for a second fire station on Gast Road adjacent to the high school. This was based on a study. Preliminary engineering and station floor plans were completed.
• We purchased a new command vehicle replacing an 11-year-old vehicle.
• A new fire engine was purchased and will be delivered in early 2022. This replaced a 24-year-old fire engine.
• A new brush truck was purchased and will be delivered in early 2022. This replaced a 24-year-old brush truck.
• A new ambulance was purchased and placed in service in March 2021.
• We completed year 3 of the station upkeep program which included a new floor in the training room, new rear bay apron, and 2 new man doors.
• We worked out an agreement with the Illinois Tollway to use their facility at Rt. 20 and I-90 as a temporary fire station during inclement weather only. This will reduce response times in that area which can take as long as 15 minutes during snowstorms.
• We started a 5-year strategic plan that will be completed in early 2022.
• We received several grants and purchased: gas monitors, thermal imaging camera, ventilation fan, EMS training mannequin, and grain bin rescue equipment.
• We finalized an agreement with Illinois Department of Transportation to have pre-emption light installed as Rt. 72 and State Street when construction is completed in 2022. This gives fire apparatus responding to emergencies priority.
• We hired 2 new full-time firefighter/Paramedics.
• We hired 3 Part time firefighters.
• We promoted Zack Rice to Lieutenant.
• We sent 4 firefighters to paramedic school.
• We had 3 firefighters graduate from paramedic school.
• We sent 3 firefighters to the fire academy.
• We were staffed with: 3 personnel 1% of the time 4 personnel 39% of the time 5 personnel 58% of the time 6 personnel 2% of the time.
• Our department completed over 10,000 hours of training.
• We completed over 280 hours on business fire inspections to assure community safety.
• We completed over 150 hours on Public Education such as CPR and fire safety classes.
• We replaced several sets of firefighter gear that were close to expiration.
• All of our fire apparatus and ambulances had their annual preventive maintenance and repairs completed.
• Equipment such as heart monitors, cots, fire hose, extrication equipment, hazardous materials monitors, etc. had their annual service completed.
• We completed the 5-year fire hydrant flag installation program, over 800 hydrants have flags.
• We replaced 100 rural fire number address signs.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
To view our 2022 Strategic Plan, click here!