Welcome to our website! On this site you will get valuable information from the services we provide, programs offered, annual statistics, dates of monthly board meetings, and much more.
Our department takes great pride in public relations opportunities and we are here to serve you! Besides responding to emergencies, we offer many programs to assure the public is prepared for emergencies. We offer CPR classes, first-aid classes, fire evacuation drills, fire extinguisher training, and we have a residential smoke detector program to name a few. Using this site, contact us for additional information. We strive to provide great services through evaluating and planning.
In 2020, we accomplished the following:
· We were staffed with 5 personnel 85% of the time.
· We added a full-time firefighter/Paramedic
· We added 3 part time firefighter / EMT’s
· We received over $800,000 in Cares Act Funding
· We purchased and took delivery of a new command vehicle
· We purchased and took delivery of a new ambulance
· A new fire engine was planned and ordered with delivery in late 2021
· We purchased new gas monitors
· We purchased 2 new cardiac monitors
· FF Cameron Letheby graduated from Paramedic School
· We purchased an electronic message board to display safety messages
· We finalized auto aid agreements with neighboring fire departments to improve response to incidents.
· We worked with Elgin Community College to start an apprenticeship program to recruit new firefighters.
· Our department completed over 8,000 hours of training.
· We completed over 150 hours on business fire inspections to assure community safety (Covid reduced hours).
· We completed over 60 hours on Public Education such as CPR and fire safety classes (Covid reduced hours).
· All of our fire apparatus and ambulances had their annual preventive maintenance and repairs completed.
· Equipment such as cots, fire hose, extrication equipment, hazardous materials monitors, etc. had their annual service completed.
· We continued with the fire hydrant flag installation program that we initiated a couple of years ago.
· We replaced 100 rural fire number address signs.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Trevor Herrmann CFO